Thursday, September 2, 2010

CEA level from 08/16/2010

Knew it was going to happen but finally got my CEA level from blood draw of 08/16/10, it is 284.8 so pretty much a 120 rise in two weeks from 163.7 on 08/02/10. Still not the highest it ever got which I think was like 494 or something after my very first chemotherapy treatment back in September of 2009. But it is going up and will only continue to as I have eight days still before my hernia surgery then a recovery period and then maybe the clinical trial but they are still on FDA clinical hold and might be still even after I recover. I think I will be getting a PET scan the last week of this month or the first part of October (whenever I can deal with getting up and out after surgery and recovery) so will know better then how much worse things are but I can tell from the rise in a short time, things are not going to progress as slowly as I thought it might. So we shall see after the PET scan, who knows maybe by that time it will have gotten high enough to scare me back into chemotherapy (wry grin). I think I can handle anything with God's help but am a bit upset over the jump in numbers in such a small amount of time.


Anyways please pray for me and I know, there are people who have CEA levels of 1500 or so who still are not close to the end so I will focus on the upcoming hernia surgery, surviving and recovering from that and then see what happens.

God bless and am thinking of and praying for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment