Friday, August 20, 2010

Hernia my main concern right now

I am hoping I don't have to go to the ER before the 10th. My hernia has really lumped up and no amount of massaging (well as much as I can stand without screaming) will make it go down again. I also am having what seems to be muscle spasms right above the hernia but below my lungs all the way around (front, sides and back) and pain in both shoulders and chest. and nausea. All bad signs when you have a hernia. I have been taking vicodin almost on a constant one pill per four hours. I don't think I have a fever but don't know as we still have not replaced the thermometer that got broken. I am just trying to make it until September 10th.


I don't think I am going to do any clinical trial my Oncologist refers me to as we caught him in another lie, saying that the one he wants me to start after I head from surgery is not the same one put on clinical hold by the FDA. (BTW FDA clinical hold means that the FDA went in and did an audit and found a reason to stop the clinical trial for an indeterminate amount of time or stop it all together). Right now the cancer is not even in my mind as I go in Monday to get an epidural shot for my back pain then Sep 10th I go in for surgery for the hernia. AFTER I heal from the hernia and we get a PET scan then I will see where we stand and what might my options be or what I might want to do but I still have nightmares about the chemotherapy and do not want anything to do with it again.

I hope all are well and happy and I keep each and every one of you in my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I have almost same situation for my mother now who is 65 year old.
    Colon Cancer Stage 3 and Hernia....!!
    Can you please advise on treatment....Shall we concentrate on Hernia or Chemotherapy ?
    mail2me.amit@gmail.com

    Warm regards
    Amit

    ReplyDelete