Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I wish

I wish I had never found out I had cancer, I would give anything to not know and to just be oblivious to it until the end.

I wish I had never started chemotherapy.  I don't think it has appreciably added any time to my time here on earth and I have gone through really bad times.

I wish I had been a better daughter to my adoptive parents and that they were still alive and that I had family and friends around me in my times of need.

I wish I had a car and could still drive so I could take myself to the ER when needed.  I need to go but because I put everyone else in front of me, I told my Oncologist when I called him this morning because I have been in pain for about 24 hours now that I could not go to the ER because Tom had to go to work.

I wish I knew where this pain is coming from and that it would stop.  It is like a band around upper abdomen, sides and back and feels like the muscles are spasming and now it is starting to hurt when I breathe like before.  I hurt and yet there is nothing Tom can do for me and I am helpless to do for myself except take Vicodin all day and night.

I wish ............  a lot of things.

1 comment:

  1. Please know that there are people here that follow your blog and are caring about you even if we are not right there with you through this difficult time.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete