Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold, Dr's visit, Chest X-Ray and now a CAT scan ordered

Well I went in to see my Oncologist about my cold as he was worried I had pneumonia, went to the hospital and had a chest X-ray which when I talked to him afterwards showed no sign of pneumonia. He told me to just keep taking Theraflu, using my vaporizer and getting rest and he would see me on Monday when I come in for my blood work, to see him and to get my Avastin treatment.

We talked for awhile and he did answer a lot of my questions; The Avastin is indeed for maintenance to give my body a rest and we will do a PET scan in April and then decide what is the feasible treatment, the same course of chemo or ablation or surgery or what.  Also he explained more about the KRAS mutation which is what I thought it simply means there are some 2nd and 3rd line chemo drugs which will not be available to  me as with the mutation they will not work.  So he actually is trying to do the best for me by not subjecting me to constant chemo and letting the cancer cells build an immunity to them and then not having a lot of other options after that.

So today I get a phone call from my Oncologist's Assistant that the hospital will be calling me to set up a CAT scan for tomorrow of my whole body.  Then the hospital called and I have to be there at 9:30am.  So wonder what that is about? Oh well, guess I'll find out Monday when I see the Oncologist.

Hope you are all well and happy and safe ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment