Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Urologist and got a wrist blood pressure cuff

Yesterday Tom and I went shopping and we got a wrist blood pressure cuff, blood pressure was 170/90 so maybe the diuretic is helping.

Today went to the Urologist and she examined me, she thinks I won't have to have my bladder lifted again but gave me a prescription to take for a month (haven't gotten it filled yet and can't read what it is, will put down here when I get it filled what it is) that is kind of an antidepressant but should help with the bladder problems.  UPDATE: The name of the medicine is Tofranil.

If that does not help then when I go back for my followup appointment which they will call me for, then she will use a scope to see if maybe I need an injection to "plump?????" my bladder (I still don't understand that one) but will have to wait and see as she has to consult with my previous Urologist and also my Oncologist.

So that is one thing taken care of and more pills to take (uck)  I don't seem to have too much of a pressure headache or pressure on my chest right now so maybe the Oncologist is right and it's just too much water retention causing the rise in blood pressure, at least I am hoping so. 

Okay that's about all the news fit to tell so will end here for now and write again when I am in the mood or at the latest my next Avastin session (Monday after next)

Take care all and have a great day.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment