Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bladder problems

Okay my bladder problems are getting worse, the detrol even upped in dose has not helped and I am to the point of wearing poise pads as when I cough, sneeze, laugh etc, whatever is in my bladder comes out.

2004 I had a bladder lift, the Urologist told me at some time I might have to have it done again.  Since I have been taken off the chemo and left on just the Avastin I talked to my Oncologist's PA and she referred me to a Urologist, just to have a consultation and see if it is time to have another bladder lift or if it can wait until April when we see the results of my next PET scan.

The Urologist's office called today and I have an appointment with them on December 29th, Tuesday the day after my Avastin treatment, from what we talked about it will be a consultation and then he will consult with  my Oncologist or his PA and a decision will be made from there.

I am pretty sure I have to have another bladder lift as the bladder leakage is to the point it was before the last one, the only concern is my cancer and the Avastin I am on.  But we will see. Will keep you updated.

So far no problems with the Avastin alone and my Oncologist put me on Carafate for the stomach pains I have sometimes at night. so unless something changes or something comes up will probably update again on the 28th and then the 29th so Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment