Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Question

Okay I have a question that is worrying the hell out of me and wonder if anyone has heard of this and/or gone through this?


See results of PET scan.

Okay yesterday went in, got blood work drawn, went in to see my Oncologist instead of His PA like I had thought (I don't really trust my Oncologist to tell me the truth, but I like His PA LOL hey this is the man who when I first walked into His office told me he could "CURE" me (yeah right) and then declined to answer when I asked Him if He would do chemotherapy.

So anyways he shocked the living crap out of me! He took me off everything but the Avastin! Is this standard procedure when there are still 6 large mets in my liver and numerous (He still could not tell me how many) shrinking mets in both lungs??? or is this guy using me as a guinea pig as some sort of trial and not telling me?

I mean okay I admit I love the fact that the only real side effects I will have is nosebleeds (have been on Avastin along with the other products since the beginning and have had nosebleeds but not bad), hypertension, yes my blood pressure goes up a bit but not bad so far, peeling skin (have my bag balm (somewhere still haven't found it after the unpacking but am sure it is is in one of my bags), fatigue, have gotten used to that and learned how to deal with it and then the more serious side effects that I read but don't pay attention to unless/until they happen then get on the phone with my PA and start screaming in pain (grins ~ no seriously really I do) and to add to that even with the blood draw, the seeing the Dr, the administration of the premeds and the Avastin I get out of there in under 2 hours instead of 5 and NO pack to wear home.

But in spite of all these "good things" I am seriously concerned about this course of treatment and would love to hear opinions, facts that have happened to any others that were put on Avastin alone and any other help ya'll might have.

Thank you and god bless all.

No comments:

Post a Comment