Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can I stop chemo now or have a break from it? Please?

Yesterday was blood work drawn then see my Oncologists Assistant then get my chemotherapy.  When they inserted the needle in the port for the first time it hurt and stung when they flushed with the saline and heparin solution. I almost threw up from that taste in my mouth and was not doing well when we went to see my Oncologists Assistant.  We talked about my weight, about the hernia, about my CEA levels but all in all she was just there to fill in and jot down my answers and questions for my Oncologist to see and talk to me about next time I see him.

So then off to the chemotherapy.  The started with the premeds (Steroids, benadryl and other things)  this took about 30 minutes and then the Camptosar which took 90 minutes, then the Avastin which took 30  minutes and finished off with unhooking the machine from me and leaving the needle to the pump open which the RN then flushed again with saline solution and heparin. 

During this time we watched CSI Miami on my laptop, then I fell asleep for a bit woke up with nausea and cramping stomach.  Tom went and got us something to eat as we had not eaten before going to chemotherapy.  I don't know if it helped or not because by the time we left the Cancer Center I was so nauseous I wanted to throw up and kind of did in the parking garage but no solid food just kind of a bile drool.

Last night I was so nauseous and had a headache so bad.  Took like 4 Motrin all together and 2 compazines and finally, finally went to sleep, but Tom held me while I cried.  First time the day of chemotherapy it has hit me this hard.

So today, feeling better but am gong to be taken it easy.  Not much getting done around the house today.

Say prayers for me everyone and mine go out to you.

Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment