Monday, May 17, 2010

Oncologist called me and appointment Nurse called me

My Oncologist called me today, my CEA is down to 67 Yeah! Still a ways to go but it has reveresed trend and is going down instead of us. Then we talked about my cholesterol which is actually quite good (more good cholesterol than bad) I forget the number but he is pleased with it.


Then because the last time (last Monday) I was at the Cancer Center the Nurse who makes the appointments was at lunch so I was told she would call me to set up the next appointment for this coming Monday. Well no one called so I had left a message and was called back, she told me yes Monday the 24th at 9:45 for labs then see my Oncologist then chemotherapy (the MINUTE she said chemotherapy my stomach started lurching and I had to take a nausea pill) So this Thursday I will call the radiology department of the hospital to try and schedule my total body bone scan for that afternoon.

Wish me luck.

I have been going through phases of okay and not okay, okay is good, as my Oncologist said when I started chemotherapy, I would not feel 100% while on it. not okay is ucky and fatigued. Hopefully when I see the Oncologist on the 24th he will tell me when my next PET scan is scheduled and we can see where we go from there. A vacation from the chemo would be really nice as even the words "Chemotherapy appointment" are triggering an adverse mental reaction that is affecting me physically.

Oh and today during grocery shopping with Tom, I FINALLY remembered to pick up some gum to help with that god awful taste when they adminster the saline and heparin flushes. Got "Wrigley's 5" a strong gum in both "Elixer, a mouthwatering berry" and "Rain, a tingling spearmint". I was told that this is very strong gum so will see if it helps. During grocery shopping today Tom suggested I use one of the store motarized carts so I wouldn't be so worn out and my ankle hurting at the end of shopping. At first I was like "Oh no, I don't need to use that" and then thought about it and went ahead and used it with him coming behind me with a bigger cart. Man I do not feel half as tired as I did when walking the whole store so that is one lesson well learned (grins)



Prayers and thoughts for all of the forum and their family and friends and caregivers.

2 comments:

  1. My brother had colon cancer 5 years ago and when it was diagnosed it had already metastasized to his liver. A combo of surgery to remove the lesions and chemo has held it in check and he is going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the uplifting words and I will keep them in my heart (soft smiles) although my Oncologist is VERY anti surgery.

    ReplyDelete