Thursday, May 20, 2010

No bone scan for Monday

Well, I called like they told me to, this afternoon to try and get in for my total body bone scan.  And guess what? No openings for Monday.  Now in case you are wondering and I have not explained before why Mondays.  Tom is off Sunday and Monday and works Tues-Saturday 2pm to 10pm so  there is no way I can ask him to get up at say 7am  to get me down to the hospital by 8am, do the waiting to be seen thing, get the isotrope injection, wait the three hours for the isotope to do whatever the hell it does and then do the scan for forty-five minutes, that brings us from 8am to say anywhere from noon to 1pm then 45 minutes drive home and turn back around and drive the (thankfully) ten minutes to work and then for him to work 8 hours.

So Mondays are the day I can do this total body bone scan and this week again no openings so she told me call this coming wednesday afternoon to try to get in on the next Monday.  I will try but I have a feeling by the time I get this total body bone scan thing done it won't be needed anymore LOL.

So Monday all I have to deal with is labs, seeing the Oncologist and chemotherapy.

EDITED TO ADD:


A wonderful woman from the bone scan center called me back and with me on the line she was able to coordinate me going to the bone scan center (in the hospital right next door to the cancer center) getting my injection of isotopes from them at 8am then going to the cancer center to get my chemotherapy at 8:30am, after my chemotherapy I will go back to the bone scan center to get my full body bone scan so it's all in place and will be all done Monday, now have to call my Orthopedist and tell him all this so we can then make an appointment to go in and see him after the scan so pray for me everyone that all comes out okay. And thank you God for having that woman call me (all smiles now)

No comments:

Post a Comment