Friday, November 27, 2009

November 23rd's chemo session

Okay does it get any worse than this cause if it does just kill me now.  Went in on Monday 23rd for chemo, my god first it was a workout to get the blood flowing from the port; sit down, stand up, raise your arms, lower your arms, raise one arm, lower that one, raise the other arms, lay back, well finally they got it and drew the blood. 

Then went in to see the Oncologist's Assistant Christine, she says my white blood cell count was 3.4, and it was up to 5, while anything under 2 is bad, well she "decided" she wanted me to get a 1/2 a shot to bring the count back up on Weds when I had the port taken out. (WTF? 3.4 isn't under 2???????!!!!!????)  Also she is setting me up for my PET scan AND giving me a week off chemo as we are moving ~ Yeah but also scared about what the pesky cancer cells will do while I take a break.  She also says we may have to lower the dosages on some of the chemo meds.

So I go in to get chemo and everything goes fine at first..... we watched videos on my laptop, I slept, we talked then all of a sudden this horrendous pain hit my stomach, it was like someone thrust a fist through and grabbed my stomach and twisted it..... no throwing up no diarrhea just this horrendous pain.  I tried to bear with it but couldn't and started crying and my nurse came over and checked on me, she went and talked to the Oncologist and came back and gave me a shot of morphine (Oh sweet relief) that helped tremendously.  Then a little bit later the 5-FU was pushed and then the pack set up and we went home. 

I thought I was going to die that night.... I got the chills so bad could not get warm and could not sleep and my pains hit again but not as bad but when I started crying my eyes hurt so bad I don't know which was worse moaning and writhing in pain from my gut or crying and my eyes burning (does the chemo come out in your tear ducts??)

Tuesday pretty much the same but Monday night and Tuesday had diarrhea and wet the bed so Tom helped me and did laundry and made me comfortable.  Monday really didn't eat anything, just tried to sip Gatorade, Tuesday had some broth, Gatorade's (sips) and water (sips). Wednesday finally ate a cheese sandwich and a banana and a full Gatorade and part of a pedialyte (God that stuff tastes terrible).

Wednesday got the pack removed and got two shots.   One to bring my white blood count up and the other was a mixture of steroid, antibiotic and pain killer.

Came  home, Tom went to work and I laid in bed all day, had a banana sandwich and sprite.  Felt better but fatigued and just took it easy.

Had a great Thanksgiving, Tom went out and got us meals from Coco's which were really good and we laid in bed and watched movies (Angels and Demons is great by the way)  Been taking my pills so no nausea but last night my eyes hurt so very bad I had to put a wet cloth over them for a time.

Today am better, still fatigued but going to take it easy, read and watch TV today and just ride out the tiredness.  Pepto does help with diarrhea and believe me if they give you compazine TAKE it after you eat something in the morning it does away with the nausea altogether.

Am having the neuropathy with hands and feet and my feet are starting to peel so bag balm is going to get put on today with socks.

My PET scan is set up for December 7th, and my next chemo session is December 14th.

Will keep ya'll updated and hope everyone had a good and safe Thanksgiving.

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment