Monday, November 2, 2009

In between update

I am on the upswing and feeling better physically as well as mentally and emotionally, and the latter two I really think help from the colon cancer forum and their words and support and from Tom.

WE GOT THE CONDO and move in December 1st!!!!! (GRIN)

That's a between chemo week so I should be able to be productive in helping with putting things away etc (am already packing stuff up as I feel able and we are hiring a moving company to move us).

One of the girls from the Colon Cancer group had said she would play "The Old Rugged Cross" on her dulcimer last night, now I had not even checked the forum last night but do you know I thought I could hear is softly last night and even found myself humming the refrain, true story I kid you not. (soft smiles and trembling lips at the kindness found there).

One more update, since last Monday the tooth has still been killing me, went back to the dentist and yes there is a dry socket, so they opened the gum up, put some medicine in it, put stitches in place and I go back Weds to see if it worked or they have to do it one more time, but even now after the dumbness has worn off there is a teeny ache but nothing like the pain I was having.

Also when you are having chemotherapy and your white blood cell counts go down and they say they have to give you a shot and you "might" feel pain in your bones? Believe me, you do! Icy/hot has been my friend the past week as leg and knee bones hurt so much.

I feel so silly letting little things get me down but you all and Tom are giving me strength I never thought I would have and I am fighting with all I have with positivity, taking care of myself, watching what I eat (especially the sugar) Also Tom and I have started our road on the talk to what I need from him and what he needs to expect when I am in a bad way from the chemo or just the cancer or just emotional and I am learning from him what he needs from me and what I can do to help him help me and help us. We still have a ways to go in communication on that side but we are communicating and that is what really counts.

Also, my wonderful Tom took me to my first live football game ever and even though his Chargers beat my Raiders we had a wonderful time. Thank you so much honey for giving me that gift.

(((((((((((Hugs and super thank you to everyone))))))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment