Tuesday, April 20, 2010

CEA levels

Well, finally got Amy my Oncologist's Assistant to call me back and my CEA level from seeing the Oncologist and getting blood drawn on 04/13/10 is 100.9 and from when my last chemotherapy and blood draw before that was 100.0. The one before that was 88.9. So although it is not rising in leaps and bounds it is rising, which is a bit worrisome to me.


I am trying to look at it as my Oncologist said that this is a disease like diabetes or heart disease and we have to work at fighting it, and not get freaked out at every little change in CEA levels or PET scans but I will speak to him about it when next I see him whether it's this coming Monday when I have chemotherapy, or the week in between chemo treatments (Monday after this one) as I don't really know when I will be seeing him at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment