Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My wonderful Tom and today

First and foremost Tom on his way home from the store today saw a car smashed against a tree, the motor still running.  He stopped and went to investigate.  The windows were rolled down, the air conditioner going, the radio and engine running.

The  man had suffered a stroke or a heart attack and from watching CSI Tom knew this because although the man had cuts on his legs from the crash, no blood came from them which means the mans heart stopped before the crash.  Tom could not get the man out, the drivers door was against a tree and the man was really big.  Tom said the man had a colostomy bag or catheter or something and some pills in a pill bottle easily seen.  Also there was vomit on the mans mouth. 

Another car stopped and called 911, the EMT's got there and got the man out, worked on him with CPR then took him away then the cops got there after a time and took Tom's statement, the other man's statement and a woman's who had pulled up statement.  Then Tom came home.

I think Tom is a great man for being so observant and trying to help, he checked for pulse and everything but knew there was nothing to do for the man but he stayed to help in any way he could even if it was just giving the information he had observed.

I wonder if the man had family, how long it took or will take the police to contact them and I know how they will feel.  I pray to the Lord above to take the man's soul to heaven and to comfort his family and friends and to give Tom the knowledge he did all he could and he is a good and kind man.

Today I cleaned the house except for vacuuming and will do two out seven loads of laundry (Tom made me promise to two today so he can help tomorrow with the rest before he goes to work.  I want to get the house clean before the fatigue hits so a light dusting or sweeping or something will see the house and laundry through to the end of the fatigue phase.  Not a lot of fatigue yet, just had to rest between doing some of the cleaning and haven't gotten to the laundry yet, am resting before I do that.

I had bad stomach pains last night and a bad headache but was finally able to go to sleep and today am feeling better.

Oh and Friday I have to call to try to get a Monday appointment for a full bone scan.  I saw my orthopedist and he ordered a bone scan of my tibia (because of the pain of my shin) but I guess my oncologist got wind of  it and decided to make it a full body bone scan in case.

So will write more when there is more to tell, hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment