Monday, April 26, 2010

Chemotherapy day

So here it is, chemotherapy day after three weeks off.  Woke up this morning as every morning with a pounding headache and took a vicodin.  Tom and I had coffee on the front porch and read the paper.

I was apprehensive as the anxiety started to mount.  Even with a three week period between chemotherapy I have gotten to the point I do NOT look forward to chemotherapy day.  My stomach rolled and pitched and then it was time to get ready.

We got everything together; books, computer, Charmed DVD's to watch and headed down to the "Hoopdie" Tom's van, Tom was ahead of me and stopped, I wondered what was going on.  The side slide door to the van was all the way open and yes it had been broken into.  One of the back hinged windows had been opened so the hinge was broken and they had pulled it wide open and crawled into the van. 

His stereo was taken out and his box and bag with work tools in it was gone, as was the middle not fixed down console, that held some oil and such but the registration was still there and the van started.

We live in a wonderful community, our the front of our condo overlooks the 13th hole of a Golf course and the houses about us are worth hundreds of thousands if not a few in the millions.  A very well kept and nice area and people.  Who would do this?  I feel so bad for Tom but thank God they did not pop the hood and steal anything from under it and they van itself was not stolen and still runs.

Tom did not want to call the police as he says they really won't do anything and the stereo system wasn't that much (it was a nice one though) and it will make his insurance goes up, but if we get home in time or if not tomorrow I am calling the HOA to make a complaint, not they they will do anything without a police report but at least they can be aware there are thieves breaking into cars.

So we get here to the Cancer center and check in, I get my blood taken through my port in my chest and when they flushed the saline and heparin solutions I thought I was going to get sick, I don't know if it's in my head or not but I get very anxious on chemotherapy day and now not only the saline solution but the heparin solution are making me nauseous.  So now we wait for me to be called for treatment, it's been almost 45 minutes since they took my blood. 

Okay they called me into the day treatment, premed's started, takes about 1/2 an hour, then the Camptasar, about 90 minutes, then the Avastin, about 30 minutes.  I took a compazine as I was experiencing nausea just from the saline and heparin solution taste right before they started the premeds.

Will update  more later.



Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment