Thursday, October 21, 2010

I screwed up

So guess what stupid thing I did now?  I looked at what I wrote to go see my new Oncologist, and it said Thursday the 22nd, well today is Thursday but the 22nd is Friday So it was 10am PST when I called the Dr's office.  I was supposed to go in today and I had thought it was tomorrow.  I cried so hard cause I have been taking all these pills and sometimes don't even know what time it is so the person I talked to calmed me down and rescheduled me for Wednesday the 27th at 11am.  She told me don't feel so bad and it's okay because now I gave the Dr. I was going to see a chance to clear his desk up as he is going on vacation.  So now I will see a different Doctor when I go in.  I feel so stupid and so alone as Tom just does not understand there is more to helping me through this then saying "it's going to be okay" I need more from him but I don't want to yell at him or get mad at him for something that is not his fault.  How can I get him to understand he HAS to help me with things?  And I am not just talking about this but the last week I have been weak and just do not want to eat anything and He just says okay and goes on about his business not even bothering to make me soup and try to get me to eat it or anything.  I am so confused as when I have had people ill that I cared about I took care of each and every detail and now I feel so stupid cause I screwed up my Dr's appointment and they must think I am a flake or something.

EDITED:  Thank you so much for this answer from the forum Sheila:

Marsha-first of all -nothing stupid about missing the appoint.-they may have given it to you wrong and it might be their fault.-If it was yours give yourself some credit for even remembering it was this week. when I get stressed I do forgetfull things too-and some worse-I have actually wrapped up a hoagie-put it in one of my drawers instead of the fridge and to make it worse I accused Larry of taking it for lunch boy did I feel like an idiot-just because Im worrying about mom so see (your smiling over that...)


so we all seem to lose some kind of brainm function under stress-oh I found it two days later.... I think because ae times you seems so strong and independent that Tom may feel hes interfereing- and could also be trying to avoid arguing . He probably cant express his fears of whats going on with you and altho I feel its wrong. I do think hes doing as much as he can emotionally-He may not be the type of person to easily pick up a phone and make plans that might scare the heck out of him and he probably figures you doing it directly you will know if the plans are acceptable or not instead of trying to go through him to you may make it more difficultwith 3rd party. and facts between you and your doctor are less confusing for all.

Dont wait for a hug or snuggle make your move or tell him ahead of time-I need hugs ,brush my hair etc-some people need told what and when. not the same as impulsive on their part (believe me I know) but of the time you want to be left alone he doesnt know and doesnt want to upset you that way-Hes a good guy forgive yourself forgive him make a snuggle movie plan and have a good one

hope all goes well with your appointment.

2 comments:

  1. do you want to give a try with Tongren therapy? You can check out the information on www.tomtam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha .... all i can say is God will take care of you .... ♥♥♥♥♥ love from my Husband and myself... cecie

    ReplyDelete