Thursday, October 14, 2010

YEAH New Oncologist!

Thank you both for the suggestions, I think maybe it was something I picked up as it seems to have passed but have gotten ginger ale and a stick? finger? of whole ginger to shave if needed also. Fal I will respond to your PM later today if you don't mind.

Okay ready for the best news of all?

I CHANGED MY ONCOLOGIST!!!!

Yep, today was the last straw. At 8am just when for once I slept until that long and Tom and I had both just woken up and were getting coffee together etc, my phone rang. It was Amy, Dr. Clune (My Oncologists) assistant. She said Dr. Clune wanted to see me in his office today. I told her there must be some mistake as I was assured I would only have to talk to Kristin from now on, Amy put me on hold and Dr. Clune came on the line, he IMMEDIATELY went off on me telling me I could see him or find another Dr, that was my choice as he would not "allow" me to see any other Oncologists in the office or to deal with his PA alone. THEN the you know what said and I quote "You wanted to know the answer well here's your answer you are going to die in six months if you don't have chemotherapy but if you go back on it you'll live indefinitely and probably out live me, so there's your god damn answer" I hung up and had a break down Tom talked me through it then I called my husband (separated since first married but very good friends and no divorce wanted on either side (long story) and the poor man, his last brother passed away last night from cancer (I think colon but not sure, so I consoled him and talked to him for a small bit of time (he was at the mortuary). My husband is going to call back later tonight. Please pray for him and his mother and I think he has one sister left.

I then called the Oncologist I had called in May and cancelled that appointment, so now I have an appointment for a consult with the new oncologist on the 22nd of this month. I called Amy and left a message for her to fax over all my medical papers especially my PET scan from monday to the new Oncologist and 5 minutes later Dr. Clune called. I calmly explained again what I needed, gave him the fax number and hung up. Then burst out crying, that's how traumatized this man has made me. I also called the California Board of Medicine and they are mailing me a complaint form and I am going to fill it out on Dr. Clune.

Anyways So another chapter is about to begin, the new Oncologist is closer to where we live and from what I have researched on him he is the total opposite of Dr. Clune.

I still am terrified of having chemotherapy but the woman who made the appointment for me says there may be other options but I don't want to get my hopes up. If chemotherapy is my only choice I don't think I can do it as I want to live whatever time I have left with Tom awake and alert and alive and happy. So on the 22nd after I talk to the Oncologist I will know better what treatment if any there is for me and if there is none I was assured the Oncologist would follow me with testing and palliative care and set up hospice when that time comes.

Love and hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment