Monday, July 26, 2010

Something Cool ~ A celebrity encounter

Okay so today Tom and I left the house to drop off a couple prescriptions for me, eat at IHOP, go to the library, come back and pick up prescriptions, grab a few groceries and come home.


As we were leaving IHOP Tom pointed to a man by the counter and whispered "Isn't he the guy from Thir13en Ghosts?" I looked and only saw a profile and said "naw can't be him" and went outside to smoke while Tom paid the bill, well Tom came out and right after him comes the guy Tom pointed out with another man.

Big mouth me, I said *Excuse me Sir, but has anyone ever told you that you look like F. Murray Abraham?" He got a little modest smile and said "Yes". My eyes widened as I DID recognize him and I said "Oh my lord, you are him aren't you?" and he smiled more and said again very modestly *Yes I am* and I simply said *I love your movies and thank you* He was gracious and then his companion and he went one way and Tom and I went our way.

I am not one to intrude to get autographs or to ask to take a photograph with someone but that made my day to meet a celebrity as modest and nice as he was and for those who have no clue whom F. Murray Abraham is he starred in Thir13en Ghosts, Finding Forrester, Last Action Hero and Amadeus among many other films and television shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment