Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting the pump disconnected and the dressings changed

So, last night wasn't bad, I took a Compazine "just in case" but no nausea.  Of course I didn't gorge myself either LOL like I did on Monday.

I had a yogurt last night but for the life of me cannot remember what else I ate yesterday, Oh, a bagel with cream cheese I remember that in the morning, but I don't remember what I ate before the yogurt at night.

I woke up about 5am and felt a little "frisky" so cuddled up to Tom and started kissing his neck, well he was so out of it he petted my hair and went back to sleep and then I did too so rain check on that side of things I guess LOL.   Woke up again about ten this morning  to the regular routine of getting up, making coffee, getting cats fed, etc.  Tom is helping with a lot of this and it helps so very much (nominating him for the best boyfriend ever award :)  

So then went down by the pool and had coffee, read the paper and talked to Tom and two of our neighbors (the good ones, not the "started out as friends but then started chit type" (more on that one day when I can talk about it without getting pissy).

Then made Jimmy Dean sausage/egg/cheese biscuits, two for Tom one for me and some more gatorade. My staples for drinks are hot coffee with cream and sugar, gatorade, water, and ginger ale.  The last three at room temperature.  I still am not experiencing any neuropathy and only a slight cold sensitivity if I eat or drink anything cold.  Made Tom's lunch so when we come back from the Dr. he can just grab his lunch and head out to work.  It is a blessing he's off Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and goes to work later in the afternoon on the rest of the days.

The Dr's office called right before we left, neither Tri-Care or Medicare/Medi-Cal will pay for the Chantrix so the PA asked me if a prescription for the patch to quit smoking would be okay.  I said sure and then we headed out to the Dr.

Got to the Dr's and waited for a bit then a nurse took me back to the day room and uncovered my port and the incision on my neck, said the pump was done and everything looked great then flushed the line on my port with saline and made sure she could draw back blood (that is very important as if they can't it can take an hour to get the port unclogged), She asked me a lot of questions and then took out the tube from my port and dressed it and redressed my neck and sent me out to wait for Kristin (The PA who was going to give me the prescription for the patch. Well Kristin got busy and Tom was running out of time to wait as he had to get to work so I went up and talked to the nurse.  She checked and said Kristin would call in the prescription to Rite-Aide for me.

So we left, Tom came upstairs got his lunch, we kissed goodbye and he went off to work.  I cleaned the cat's litter boxes (2 litter boxes, the girls "Kimba and Kelly" don't like sharing their litter box with my boy "Mini" so we got him one of his own).  Took out the trash, cleaned up the dishes and swept the floor then came downstairs by the pool with a cigarette and Gatorade and my computer. 

Did some research on a development going up across the street from us, seems it is going to be section 8, so gave our complex manager that info.  Went upstairs and had diarrhea, not real bad but enough to make itself known.  Felt a little "off" (heart racing a bit, fatigued, a little bit nauseous) so took a compazine and ate a dry  bagel, then relaxed on the bed and watched t.v and played a few "hidden objects" games on my computer.

It's 8:22pm now and I am down by the pool writing this.  It's a beautiful night, a bit of a breeze but not too chilly and except for a bit of tightness in my chest I seem to be okay. 

Well that's all the news that fit to print for now, will write more either these coming days or Monday after I come back from my in between chemotherapy check up with my Dr. .......................

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    So important to give up smoking if you want to add days to your life, please also check out sugar and cancer and asparagus and cancer and linseed oil and cancer on google. My wife stage V1 colon cancer 3 yrs.... best wishes keep going, and make sure you enjoy every day with your boyfriend and get best out of each moment,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for following my story and for your great comments. I am doing research on what you suggested and finding very informative things. Again thank you and I am doing just that with Tom. He is so wonderful and supportive I call HIM my miracle and he truly is.

    ((((((Hugs))))))))))

    ReplyDelete