Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One year and one month ago ~ more or less

So, July 2008 I go to my OB/GYN Dr. to discuss getting a total hysterectomy.  I've had my tubes tied for a long time, getting ready to enter menopause so why not?

The Dr. agrees, we schedule surgery I get all kinds of tests done, everything fine, go into surgery and wake up to be told he felt "a mass".

GULP!!!!
Okay now what? Colonoscopy.  Yep mass is there.  Biopsy is done, then colectomy to have it taken out when it is determined it is malignant.  This was September 2008. 

Mass is out, waiting for results of tests, I break my ankle, end up in hospital and have surgery on my ankle, this is October 2008..  I wake up from surgery and my oncologist is standing there and says "I'm am so sorry, it's spread to your lungs and liver and is stage IV".

WOW!!!

Well due to alot of things I decided not to have any treatment.  I made my peace and did all the research and decided to live my life until I couldn't.

I moved and met a wonderful man, Tom, he is my love, my life, my miracle.  He accepted me for me and I live with him and our three cats now.  He accepted my decision to have no treatment.

Now it's August 2009, I am still healthy, overweight in fact but it's time to see where things stand.  Went to an Oncologist, he says he can cure me!  I am sceptical~ I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY? If there was a "cure" for my cancer it would be shouted world wide and there is nothing I have read or heard that says this is the case. At best they can do chemotherapy to shrink the tumors, then do surgery to get out any they can and hopefully I will be cancer free UNTIL the microscopic cells they CAN'T see grow again and then I repeat the cycle over and over again until either they can't do any  more for me and it's a matter of weeks or days or the chemotherapy kills me ~ We go home after talking to him and having a blood tests.  The Oncologist orders a PET scan and MRI.  We went back to see him yesterday. 

I am going to do chemotherapy.  Tom wants me to and well I guess I do too in some way or I wouldn't agree to it right?

I am scared silly but on the 8th of this month I go back to learn about the port they will put in my chest and the chemotherapy then on the 14th I go get the port put in and start chemo the same day.

I am not just scared I am terrified................................

09/01/2009 ~ CEA = 292 (Was 15 in 01/09)
PET = Multiple mets to liver and lungs, more than before.
MRI = No mets in brain

No comments:

Post a Comment