Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chemotherapy on 9/28/2009

Getting used to the routine already, Tom and I went to the Chemotherapy Cancer Treatment center and first had my blood drawn through the port, then with the tube left in went to see Michelle (another of Dr. Clune's PA's as Kristin wasn't there) She had the prescription for my cough medicine ready and answered some more questions I had come up with (Can I take a multi daily vitamin? Yes, When will they do another PET scan to see if the mets to liver and lungs have shrunk at all? About the end of the sixth treatment session (3 months so two more months to go, etc)

Then off to the day treatment room, we brought the lap top and Tom and I watched a couple of hours of Grey's Anatomy during my chemotherapy,  didn't get a room with a bathroom attached as they were full so again many trips to the bathroom.

Didn't go to sleep this time, stayed awake and alert, once again when they inject the Avastin got a hot flash and sweats but it didn't last long.

Then had the pump attached and go back on Weds (Today) to have it removed.  No side effects so far except for feeling very very tired. and emotional.

I am developing "chemo brain" though as I am forgetting things and even words used to describe things.  It's frustrating but am told it will get worse and just have to learn to work around it.

Today is a busy day for Tom, this morning he will get up at 7am and go to civil court to get a restraining order against the pig of a neighbor who being a drunk is escalating his harassment of Tom and I ,the dude even tried to get Tom to fight him; Tom = 6' tall, 320 lbs of pure muscle and the other dude 5'9" and about 
190 lbs, uh yeah right LOL.

Tom complained to the Apt Manger who called her home office, they told her to have us fill out a form for a copy in the office, then another she will give to the sheriffs department.  The sheriffs dept Tom talked to gave him an incidence report number and told us to file a restraining order (yes it is that bad, the harassment is intolerable now and has me in tears half the time and Tom is feeling his temper starting to get the best of him so for the best of all involved Tom is getting the restraining order as we both feel the next step might be physical violence.  All this childishness and hatred over my standing up to an old busy body (shakes my head)

Then Tom has to come get me, take me to the Chemotherapy treatment and have them disconnect the pump. Then drop me off at home grab his lunch and head out for work.

I think I'll make his favorite, chicken and dumplings for dinner when He gets home about 1am to show how grateful I am to him for everything and for how much I love him.

Okay will write later when get back from the Dr.

P.S. Called Target Pharmacy about the chantrix prescription, they are STILL working to  have it go through Medi-Cal so I just have to wait.

P.S.S They did not have my latest CEA numbers on Monday so hopefully today they will, also the cough medicine; Tussin seems to be working a bit better than the over the counter one, cough is not so "barkish" and is not hurting my chest or sides but boy does that narcotic hit me hard, I am nodding out during TV at night although as still waking up way early in the morning so am headed back to bed to snuggle with Tom till he has to get up and go to the court.                                                                                          

Hugs all around ...................................

So got back from the Dr. and it's 1:56 pm.  Pump was all done, the needle withdrawn smoothly after flushing the line with saline solution and then heparin. 

My CEA from 9/21/09 is 409 which means it has gone up, I am a bit scared but the Dr. says that sometimes it will spike before beginning to drop so we shall see.

Next Monday I go again for the appointment to discuss things with my Oncologist and get blood drawn then the Monday after is my third chemotherapy treatment.  No side effects with this one so far.

Also Tom got the restraining order against the neighbor filed and we have to go to court on 10/15/09 to see if it stays permanent, but right now we got the orders for him not to harass, annoy, touch, attack, etc and to stay 20 yards away from Tom and myself.

So this will either end the stupid stuff with the neighbors or send the guy postal.  Let's all pray the drama just ends and life goes on.

So until next time, God bless and have a great and wonderful day everyone..................

1 comment:

  1. HI Marsha, Thanks for update, and so sorry for what you are going through with morans, but let your Love for each other keep you going..Praying for you both, be like the Eagle and rise above the storms... You can do it.. God Bless You and Tom ... Best Wishes ROB

    ReplyDelete