Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Side effects from last night

Okay so maybe I was a little optimistic and a bit of a glutton yesterday and boy did I pay for it last night!  Watched the Raider/Charger game and had fun, was a good game but my Raiders lost so per the bet with Tom I have to wear his chargers hat all this week and if someone mentions the Chargers I have to say "Chargers are NUMBER 1" LOL

So still was having a bit of the cold sensitivity in my mouth with cold drinks, not hurting really just like I said like static electricit on the sides of my jaw and a scratchy shard like feeling in the back of my throat.

Then the headache started, took Aleve and it didn't touch the headache.  Stomache started to hurt so I took a Compazine pill for nausea just in case. 

Within an hour or so I was crying and throwing up then settled down then crying and throwing up again, after that though I was able to sleep.  Tom is so loving and helpful but I hate throwing up and I hate that he has to see me do so (trash can by the side of the bed as I couldn't get to the toilet) and he takes care of the cleaning up and me afterwards but I thank God for him and love him so much.

This morning everything is okay except for a bit of a headache.  Had coffee down by the pool and now having bagels and cream cheese.

The pump is not a problem so far, no tangled lines, no beeping alarms, and I can carry it around or put it around my waist like a fanny pack.

So will update later today .................................

5 comments:

  1. HI, I know exactly what you are going through, as what you are describing is what happened to us, I am from England and moved over to USA to look after Barb who had stage V4 cancer, she also broke her ankle.I have spent 8yrs researching body,cancer and diet, make sure you drink lots of water, and check out on google sugar and cancer, linseed oil and cancer, asparagus and cancer,and milk thistle and liver .. also make sure you take each day a good multi vitimin,,, God bless You Both.. keep going and stay positive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to what you're going through, and I'm really glad keeping this blog. It's important to talk about this while you're going through it.

    As a survivor myself, I know how hard it is. For now, I've decided to spend some time telling people about the warning signs for colon cancer and what they can do to catch it in the first place.

    Regular screenings are critical, and I really wish I had gotten mine...

    http://www.coloncancerwarningsigns.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your wonderful comments and I appreciate the time taken to read of my journey and to comment on things. I am looking into any and all suggestions and believe me I am a BIG advocate of regular and EARLY screenings. I never got screened as I was told you didn't have to till 50 and I never would have thought colon cancer would be the one that got me.

    I would myself suggest maybe starting at 45 and getting a screening every year.

    Again thank you both and (((((((((hugs)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, MARSHA,
    Regarding your latest Blog, sad you have to through this with people who have no clue, Its great you have the love of a good man, Barb and I had same.. when she got cancer friends deserted, and her family where no where to be seen except her son, but Barb and I loved each other like no other couple, we had such a deep love for each other, did not care what any one thought, we also did not argue or have a cross word in 8 yrs, I am from England and I sold every thing to be with her and looked after her 24/7 and I loved every minute of it, we got married last year but sadly, she passed away last month,one month before our first anniversary.that would have been yesterday. I miss her so much, the cancer did not get her it was all side effects, she had a bad absess and she grew weary and tired.. So please Love each other and make as many good memories as you can do as much with each as you can, and forget those hurtful people. and be like the eagle rise above the storms and you both will be fine. Sending tons of Best wishes to you both and cheering you both on...Rob and Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you Rob and Your Barb now in heaven ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) I know it had to be so hard but you were there for her and I know that is what made all things bearable for her. Again I am so very sorry for your loss but I know her time on this earth was made better for your love and your time is made better for knowing and loving her. I say a prayer for you everyday and I think of barb also everyday and know she is now without pain and watching over you but these words alone can only do so much for you but your love for each is wonderous to have read of and to see even now.

    Thank you for your words they mean so much.

    ReplyDelete