Thursday, October 1, 2009

So so tired

Yesterday and today it is like I have no energy at all, I spent most of yesterday afternoon and night in bed, sleeping off and on, didn't even realize when Tom got home from work and he had to forage for himself for dinner.

Today I woke up and fed the cats, got the dishes together and set them in the sink and made coffee, went downstairs by the pool and read the paper then Tom came down and a couple neighbors came over and sat with us talking.

Soon though I was exhausted and we came back upstairs.  Tom had eaten a plate of food one of our neighbors had given him so I quickly microwaved a Jimmy Dean egg/sausage/cheese biscuit and ate it then laid down and was out like a light in Tom's arms while he watched T.V.

He got his lunch together and  headed out to work and I went back to sleep, woke up a few times but only to turn over and go back to sleep.  It's like I cannot get enough sleep, I am tired and no matter how much I sleep I am still tired.

So, watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo while I type this but going to lay down again in a minute and go back to sleep.

I feel a bit guilty that I am not getting anything done, but I know I also  need to take a day now and then for myself so I guess yesterday and today are my days.

Will write more later ........................................

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marsha

    I finished folfox chemo 4 months ago but the memories of it are still vivid. The way you described your exhaustion is exactly how I felt at the time too. Your blog brought it all back to me.

    Don't feel guilty about not getting anything done. Just let yourself rest as much as you can so you can find the energy to keep fighting the battle.

    My thoughts are with you.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete