Friday, June 25, 2010

Disapointed

Well I "reminded" Tom to get the reservations today done for the river raft trip and the horseback/jeep ride/dinner and show but as usual well anyways just had to remind him to do it again (And "I" am the one with chemo brain????? LOL). And yes I will take loads of pictures.


I am a bit upset today as I called the cancer center and left a message for my Oncologists PA. Her assistant called me back and A. No CEA level was done with my labs on the 14th so therefore no CEA level results. The PA was very upset and put in my chart that there are always CEA levels to be done as with me they are perfect indicators of how I am doing with the cancer and chemo. and B. The results for the PET are not up yet but as soon as they Kristin will call me to discuss them. Her Assistant will check throughout the day but for some reason I get the feeling I will not get a call today so as of right now I am out there in no man's land with everyone else waiting on test results and won't know a CEA level till a week after the 19th of July (shrugs)

Good thing I had my melt down yesterday. (Tom actually had to come home from work, won't go into it all here but I stumbled over the strip he had on the floor of our bedroom in the doorway and fell, hitting my head on a floor cabinet and pulling all the wires (about 25 I kid you not) from the computer and monitor (which we use as a TV) and modem and this and that and the other. This as I tried to clean the house after getting upset over the state of it again (I know I need to stop obsessing about the house cleaning but there's only so much I can take) and then tried to get all the wires back in the plugs and just well sat down and cried. Then went next door and the neighbor came and helped me get everything back together and the TV and internet working.

Then Tom comes home and after calming me down and making sure I was okay we watched some TV and he cleaned the floors. I then was wiping down the top of the dishwasher and a sliver of metal slid into the flesh under my fingernail. So I think I need to just wrap myself in bubble wrap before I really hurt myself LOL.

Have a great and wonderful day everyone, Tom's watching Glenn Beck he recorded so I guess I have to pull up the websites for the things we want to do on vacation and shove them in front of him to get him to use his credit card to reserve them.

EDITED TO ADD: it's now 5:31pm PST where I am and no call about my PET scans, now I am starting to worry, now the doubts creep in "What if it's so bad they have to wait till Monday when my Oncologist comes in so they can call me and give me an appointment to talk to him so he can tell me in person?" I hate this waiting crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment