Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Continuation

And the saga continues;


Tom was working down near the Cancer Treatment Center so I called and my records were ready so he picked them up for me and is bringing them home to me this evening.

The administrator of the Cancer Treatment Center called and said she had spoken to my Oncologist. He basically only heard me say that I had spoken to the company that makes the drug and was frustrated as "they don't always have to the up to date information on clinical trials"?????????

And also he has a patient, me, that is down to one option and its hard for a physician to know that. So I made nice nice, she made nice nice and I said I was still going for a second opinion but would be at the Cancer Center on July 19th maybe not for treatment but to discuss with my Oncologist what the other Oncologist said after my appointment (At this point I was lying through my teeth as I had no intention on ever going back to my Oncologist).

Twenty minutes ago my Oncologist called me and apologized and I apologized to him for being emotional. He went through my chart and determined when he stopped my Folfox-6 and Avastin treatment I was still responding well to it and my side effects or counts had not gotten too bad or intolerable in the case of the side effects so he wants to start me back on Folfox-6 on July 19th with Avastin. He did not say why he did not put me back on Folfox-6 and Avastin after giving me a rest with Avastin alone and instead put me on the Camptosar. I said that sounded fine and would be there on the 19th for treatment.

Now I am still going to the second opinion and depending on what that Oncologist says after reading my chart I am going to either change Oncologists or go back to the first one.

I need input on this as my emotions are all over the place and I am so confused right now. I feel like a battered wife and the husband woos her back saying "I'll never do it again" although it's not quite like that.

What do ya'll think? I am fine with doing the Folfox-6 with Avastin again and know the side effects and can deal with them again and having the pack again, I just don't know if I can take this Oncologists "NON bedside manner" as it were anymore.

Thank you in advance for any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment