Monday, June 28, 2010

Scared

My Oncologist called today and it was not good news. The PET scan came back "worse". His exact words. So I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30am to go in and see him and "discuss options". Again his words. which I don't have many of, I am going to ask him about ablation surgery, about radiation therapy but I don't think he is going to agree these are viable options and with me having the KRAS mutation my lines of defense as far as chemotherapy are limited and I have already gone through two different chemotherapy options already.


Almost two years ago I found out I had this cancer, I knew the odds and did not do chemotherapy as I was resigned to the odds. Then I met my Tom, my greatest and last love of my life and eventually we decided to have me do chemotherapy, that was September of 2009.

It has been hard, the side effects alone have made me many times "almost" give up but I have not, I have held on for my Tom. Now I am afraid of what the Oncologist will say tomorrow, I am afraid he will say there are no more options and all we can do is keep me comfortable, I am so afraid, please pray for me this day and night and tomorrow, please. I will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment