Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The fight has begun in earnest

I am getting a lot of return phone calls for clinical trials and also one is from an Oncology group close to where I live. There are not many clinical trials where I live and I cannot travel to others so far there are 2. However I have a "tentative" (The woman I spoke with does not make the appointments, they have to call me back) appointment for the 12th to go in and see a new Oncologist at the Oncology group for a second opinion and if I like them I will transfer over to them as I have lost all faith in my Oncologist as of right now (He still has not contacted me) because of the general lack of interest and many changes he has blindsided me with over the time I have been with him and now this Vectibix fiasco (No less than 5 oncology professionals and researchers have confirmed with the mutant KRAS there is no benefit to doing Vectibix as it simply will not work)


I just called my Oncologists office for the fourth time but this time asked them to print out or copy my chart and let me know if I need to come pick it up or have it faxed.

So when they call back will update. Tom is pretty much acting like I have gone off the deep end, he is defending my Oncologist and saying maybe I don't have the mutant kind of KRAS but the other but dammit I HEARD the Dr. stay what kind I had. And he is making excuses for the Oncologist and I am sorry this is "MY" life and I am now fighting for it, and I don't do things half butted, when I put my mind to it I am all in so I am calling my fricking Oncologist every other hour today until I get through to him or he returns my calls as I want answers!

Total hysterectomy July 23 2008, mass in colon.
Colonoscopy Aug 2008
Rigid Sigmoidoscopy with a laparoscopic-assisted partial colectemy with enbloc small bowel resection Sep 2008
Diagnosed: Stage IV Colon Cancer mets to lungs and liver. (T3,N2,M1,G2) KRAS Mutation
Started chemotherapy: 09/14/09 Folfox-6 with Avastin then Avastin alone.
Next treatment 07/19/10 Vectibix ~ Next PET scan: Sep/Oct  (Actually I don't know when or what my next treatment will be at this point)
Most recent CEA Level: 05/24/10: 138.5 up from 05/10/10: 67 (As usual my Oncologist did not order a CEA level for my last visit on the 14th of June so I have no idea right now what my CEA level is)

No comments:

Post a Comment