Wednesday, June 30, 2010

my talk with my oncologist

well he called back, the man berated me and told me I talked to people who were not medical professionals and did not know what they were talking about was sarcastic to me and told me that these people told me what they did because the did not have a vested interest in me and if complications happened they had no part of it. he said he had never had a patient act as I have done and made me feel like a total child. I ended up sobbing and telling him "fine i will be in on the 19th of the treatment that won't work" when I calmed down I called back and left a message for his assistant to have my chart ready for me to pick up tomorrow as I was getting that second opinion (oh he was mad at me also for sayiing I was getting a second opinion) so on the 12th my appoinment is confirmed with another oncologist and I will drop my records off before hand so the oncologist can familiarize himself with my case. also I called back to the cancer treatment center where my oncologist is and left a message for the administrator telling her how he had treated me over the phone, I will call her later if she does not call me back. i am extremely upset over his "I am god almighty and you were bad by doing research and all the people you talked about do not know what they were saying and you have acted as a child" attitude. oh and by the way, no he had no good calm decisive answer as to why he chose the vectibix when he knew I had the KRAS mutation, just "he" ascertains it will help and then instead of the kind Dr. yesterday that said we would try vectibix for three months and then if it worked continue it and if it didn't then we would try unconventional therapies i.e, clinical trials, using chemotherapies for other cancers no he told me flat out vecibix is your last and only option there are no clinical trials and you have no other choices. I was hysterical when i hung up with him and am still so upset i am shaking. will write more later. oh and he will "get back" to me AFTER my vacation on why he took me off folfox-6 and if it is viable to put me back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment