Monday, June 7, 2010

Not a happy time for me.

I am forgetting things and getting frustrated with myself and with Tom. I burnt my hand the other night. Tom wasn't home and I wanted to cook some meat I had a taste for. I turned the electric burner on, set the pan on it and put butter in it. I then noticed the pan was sitting crooked on the burned and what do I do, I forget the burner is on and take the pan off it and with my left bare hand grab the coils to straighten it. Not as bad as it could be but my middle finger, pointer finger and thumb got burned, white flesh and a bit of blistering I was in agony. Kept my hand in a bowl of ice water until Tom got home from work (3 hours) and brought home the only thing he could find neosporine with pain relief.


Then this morning I made breakfast; eggs each, over easy (I cheat and do it the easy way by putting the lid over it), microwave bacon and toast, in between making sure nothing burns I am throwing away egg shells, getting Tom his juice, setting up the trays on the bed, getting the sliverware on the trays, making sure nothing burns, buttering the toast, cleaning up after myself as I go and I have Tom's plate ready for the eggs; his toast got done first (2 slice toaster) I always do his plate first, put the bacon on it and went to put his three eggs on the plate and they slipped and fell on the floor. So I gave him the other three eggs.

He ate eggs over easy with buttered toast and bacon and I ate bacon and toast after I cleaned up the mess.

I don't want to cook or clean or do anything but stay in bed and cry for fear I will hurt myself or screw up a meal but does Tom offer to help?

Leaves that one alone as he did put up the ceiling fan yesterday. So today is his last day off before work so will not be online after this but will post to the forum tomorrow. I am hoping everyone is well and keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment