Monday, March 8, 2010

And the winner of the ARRRRGH goes to todays Dr. visit

Okay first of all blood work is all normal so the chemotherapy is not affecting that.


Second, my CEA is now at 240 BUT my Oncologist is not worried as he puts it down to not being on chemo just Avastin for so long and just recently starting chemo again.

Third, My anti surgery oncologist? Just became "Hmmmm your hernia is worrisome (told him about pain when moving and BM's and he felt the hernia again) also you shouldn't be having that much pain with your ankle after a year and a half so I am going to have you scheduled for an x ray for your foot and ultrasound for the hernia AND you might have to have surgery"

He did change me from Vicodin (which upsets my stomach and I am taking two for pain now instead of one) to Norco AND 25mcg Fentynl patches which I swear to god unless I am dying from pain, I will not use (been there done that, know the drugged out zombie feeling) and also told me to start taking a laxative as these will cause constipation (Yes I know thank you very much and it's my worst nightmare).

So, am waiting on a call to go in for the x-ray and ultrasound tomorrow I guess and will let ya'll know further on that.


The blood draw from my port went great and other than the above I just go in next Monday for my regular chemo treatment.

Got the calls and to answer a question, don't know yet about the surgery, they called and made an appointment for a CT tomorrow, have to be there at 12:30, then the contrast drink, then go in for CT at 1:30, then iodine injection, then CT then go home.


I thought I would just be getting an X-Ray of my ankle but guess my Oncologist decided while I was there to get a CT of everything from chest down to ankle.

Then Wednesday at 2pm I go in to another Dr. for a "consult" on my hernia, I thought I would be getting a ultrasound at the hernia but I have no clue now as my experience is "consult" means go in, talk to the Dr. then he/she decides on tests from there then discusses it with my Oncologist then surgery is decided on so I don't expect any answers on anything till next Monday when I go in for treatment, "maybe" see my Oncologist but who knows my Oncologist says one thing and next thing I know something completely different is happening so back to the question.

So, I don't know yet about the surgery  ........

No comments:

Post a Comment