Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day after epidural for back pain and update on chemotherapy side effects

Again I thank you all for your support and words

So, went to the pain management Dr. yesterday to get the epidural for the bulging disc in my back, he looked at the MRI result and said "this is nothing" but gave me the x ray guided pre shot to numb the area (that hurt a bit) then the epidural. Today the area where the shot was given is sore but okay and we shall see what if anything the shot does for my back ache and numbness down my left leg sometime.

As far a being "my" pain management Dr. the answer is no, he specializes nowadays in anesthesiology and epidurals and said my Oncologist will be the one giving me any pain meds needed. Am thinking of asking him Monday for Norco instead of Vicodin as the Vicodin does leave my tummy upset no matter if I take it with food or not.

So I guess either I ask my Oncologist to refer me to an Orthopedist (and I think I have said before I just don't want to have to go to anymore Dr's) or I just keep chugging on with my left ankle sometimes killing me. I know sometimes people get the metal taken out of their ankles after a year or two of the surgery and it gives them relief but I doubt my Oncologist would go for me having that kind of surgery meaning I would once again have to go off the chemotherapy so maybe the Norco would help?

As to the side effects of the chemotherapy, headache gone, itching gone, passed the first and more 24 hours of the early onset of diarrhea and in three days haven't had any action from that area so either I will get the late onset and worse type of diarrhea or I will get the other end of the spectrum constipation (geez louise LOL) or maybe I'll just be okay (hoping on that last one he he he)

So that's all the news fit to write other than Tom is helping me more and being a wonderful man in listening to my needs and my mood is drastically increased to the better without the frustrations and without pain or side effects.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and that you are doing well in either the one with the cancer or in the caregivers role, my prayer for today is for everyone to have a side effect pain free day to enjoy life (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment