Monday, March 15, 2010

Once again ARRRRRRGH over Oncologist's visit

I have come to the conclusion my Oncologist is senile or a moron and the staff at the Cancer Center has no idea what to do other than follow his directions even if HE'S AN IDIOT!


Okay remember HE stated my new chemo regimen once every other week and with Tom's schedule it has to be Monday. Well had my first session then one week of no chemo, but saw him that Monday.

Today was my second session with this chemo............ or was it?

Last week I called to verify the time as I had not made an "appointment" with Jean the day treatment coordinator, had just left from the seeing the Dr. They did not have me scheduled for ANYTHING this week so I talked to my Oncologists Assistant and later that day got a call from Jean the day treatment coordinator. Monday, March 15th, 2010 at 11:15 blood draw, go to see Dr (only because of the seeing the Dr. about the hernia and the tests re's hernia, CT and ankle X-ray), then chemotherapy treatment.

Tom and I get there today, I get my blood drawn, see the Dr. (He said he was referring me to an orthopedist regarding my ankle as the films were not clear (??????) and then he walked me over to the day treatment area. I signed back in and Tom and I waited, and waited and waited and waited and waited. An hour and a half later they told me the Oncologist ordered NO TREATMENT today (WHAT THE F?) so they took the needle out of port and then said he wanted me back the 24th or 25th for treatment (which are Wednesday and Thursday ~ uuuuh DUH! I have being having treatment on Monday since starting chemo in Sep of 2009!!!!!! and have to have it on Monday because of Tom's work schedule) It was left Jean would "call" me with a firm date and time for treatment (No call yet)

Oh and also the Oncologist rattled off three different numbers so I have no idea which one was my CEA so I called back and am waiting for them to call (will have to be tomorrow as it it past 5pm today) and give me the correct number.

The only other thing he said was if my hernia becomes worse; really painful i.e. strangulated, do not call 911 but have Tom drive me to the hospital associated with the cancer center (45 minutes away) as that is what he (my Oncologist) wants and 45 minutes won't make a difference in t he hernia. (Ah yes it will if Tom is at work and I have to call him it could take him up to an hour to get home then 45 minutes to get me to the Dr. and I would be in pain all that time??????? I don't think so)

So I seriously think he's senile or nuts (My oncologist I mean).

On a good note, we left the Cancer Center and went to see Alice in Wonderland in Imax and 3D ~ GREAT MOVIE and Johnny Depp should be nominated for best supporting actor for this one next year as He was great in the movie but did not overshadow the main character, Alice although He could have.

So then we picked up Panda Express and now going to eat and watch Bill O'Reilly. I'll post more later on other peoples posts but for now I hope everything is doing great and having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment