Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chemotherapy Day 03/01/10

Okay so went in, had BP taken, (It's back down to 124/80 but still taking beta blocker) Had to give urine sample, had blood draw (port working beautifully).


Then had the pre-chemo cocktail: Steroid, benadryl, anti nausea med etc. The nurse gave me more literature on exactly how to take the Immodium AD I bought which is different than the instructions on the box.

Then was administered the chemotherapy of Camptosar (Irinotecan) 90 minutes of that ~ I had very slight almost cramping in my stomach during administration and had and still have a slight itch that is moving around my body; shoulders, neck, back, hands, legs, belly, feet, etc Not like a adverse itch, just tiny one moving, let the nurse know, she did not seem concerned.

Then they administered the Avastin for 30 minutes and I was done. Oh wait, not quite yet, had to go to the "shot room" and get a shot of a steroid for joint pain in my hip. I see the Oncologist on my off week next Monday so did not see him today.

As we left the Cancer Treatment Center I was weak and we had to stop at the store and I felt more fatigued before we got a few items and left. I also felt a pounding headache come on. By the time we got home I was so fatigued and my head hurt so bad I crawled in bed. Tom made me some scrambled eggs and a bagel as I could not think of anything else I wanted to eat.

Headache did not go away with eating, did not go away with Vicodin nor with Tylenol #3. I got nauseous about 8pm and that stayed with me till about midnight right before going to sleep even though I took a Compazine, just nauseous enough to feel discomfort but not "throwing up" nauseous. I just got up to go to the rest room (No diarrhea issues or even a BM yet) and the headache is still lingering but not as bad as it was. The slight itch is still here and still moving around.

I am keeping now a diary of each day of the treatment in my question/answer notebook so I can bring it in to me when I go to see the Oncologist so I don't have to rely on my memory as to what side effects or non-side effects I experienced on what day, and how I feel in general on what day.

My CEA held steady at the last read from 02/22/10 to the one before it so no up or down.

This morning on the way to the chemotherapy my emotions were for some reason kind of tuned to "depression mode" and a few tears leaked out then these evening I cried a little bit because of the headache and Tom held me.

Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and today at 3pm I go to see the Pain Management Dr. so will update after that.

Going to try to go back to sleep and hope everyone is having a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment