Thursday, October 8, 2009

My beloved Tom

We helped a friend move this past Sunday and Tuesday Tom's back started hurting him so we really didn't do anything that day.  Yesterday Tom was supposed to go back to work after his 3 day off time but took a sick day.  Today his boss needs him in so I just packed his lunch and sent him off to work.  I am hoping he will be okay, his back did seem to be a bit better today.

He does so much for me and I am the type of person I might smother him a bit too much if he does not feel well or something, I am always asking how he is feeling, can I get him anything, should I shift the pillows a bit, does he want to sit up if he's laying down, or lay down if he's sitting up.  I  hope he's okay with all that, it's my empathy side and I can't help it, I love him so much and he is such a wonderful man I want to make his life the best and happiest it can be and he does so very much for me.

Me, side effects have subsided so hopefully will stay that way at least until chemo treatment on the 12th.

On another note, the neighbor Tom filed a restraining order against was served with it yesterday but the night before he had once again watched us from the old biddies apartment and then came out and made derogatory, inflammatory and harassing comments.  I wrote down all he did and said and made a copy of it for the apartment manager and gave it to her and also put a copy in the file Tom is taking to the court on the 15th of this month for the permanent restraining order hearing.

I also wrote out my testimony as my name is with Tom's as petitioner on the restraining order but because I get chemo treatment again this coming Monday and the hearing is on Thursday "in case" I cannot go Tom will take my statement with him.

One of the neighbors that witnessed the harassment and threats said although she has moved out (she is the one we helped move and is 7 months pregnant) said she will also write a statement for Tom to take to court.

The other neighbor that witnessed it I asked Tom about asking him to either go to court with Tom or write a statement but I don't think the man will do it because even though he professes "Tom is like a brother to him" and "He'd do anything for Tom"  him going to court or writing a statement will mean he will have to "get off the fence" he is sitting on and take a side and since he is friends with all those who harass us and even the man who threatened Tom I don't think he has the guts to stand  up for his "best friend"

Oh well, I already know what type of person he is and even though we talk to him and have coffee with him down by the pool when he does come out sometimes in the morning, I tell him what "I" want him to know and nothing else as I know it all goes to the other neighbors and he .gossips about if not Tom then about me as it seems even though Tom is like a brother and he'd stand up for him I don't mean anything (Rolls my eyes)

So here I sit down by the pool, nice calm  cool day and quiet typing and reading, I found out my computer has a webcam on it and how to work it AND built in microphone capabilities so I have this and my pad of paper and pen standing by "in case" the restrained person comes home from work and starts chit.  (How sad is this world when I have done nothing to anyone and yet am harassed and not only me but Tom, who lived here and was friends with everyone before I moved in and stood up for myself when they started talking behind my back and said I was lying about having cancer, not good enough for Tom etc, etc????)

Shakes my head, oh well, anyways going to do some research on the web then type a bit on the colon cancer website.  So will talk to you all later and hope you are having a great and wonderful day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment