Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oncologist visit and Dentist visit

Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning and day or night (depending where you are).  It's 3:45 am here and once again I am wide awake, but plan on going back to bed soon.

Yesterday Tom and I went to see my Oncologist; blood pressure normal range, blood drawn and white blood cell count and platelet range doing very well.  Will get the results of the CEA level again probably this next Monday as I go in for my fourth chemotherapy treatment.

I don't have the best of teeth and as I said had been having a toothache in an upper left molar.  My Oncologist gave me a note that it was okay to do the extraction and treat me in the usual manner.   There is a new dentist that opened not far from where Tom and I lived and we headed over there. 

Not good news, not one but two teeth needed to be extracted and 7 cavities filled.  I still have all my front and right to the side teeth, but all the molars are gone so we decided to do all the extractions and cavity filling in one fell swoop.  I have to say, never felt any pain not even from the needle, just pressure at the most even when they pulled the one tooth out and dug the other one out.

Got my instructions and made very reasonable payment arrangements to cover the over and above cost my insurance will not pay, said thank you so very much and Tom brought me home.  Took antibiotics and pain pills and replaced gauze over holes, so far so good, I even had a meal of soup and pudding and Gatorade. 

I go back this Wednesday for a deep cleaning and then will consult with the dentist on partial dentures.  Weird how for a long time I did not take the best care of my teeth and now with the knowledge that I can only buy so much time with the chemotherapy I now want to take better care of my teeth including getting them fixed LOL.

Well that's all the news for now, will write more later, I hope everyone has a great and wonderful day ...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment